Monday 28 July 2014

1988-03-21: Last chance for a dance

Even though you've said
You'll ring or maybe write,
That I'll definitely hear
Though you're not quite sure when
Or where you'll see me next,
I look deep into your eyes,
Beyond where you can lie,
And know without a doubt
It's my last chance for a dance.

You can say you love me
And that you hate to say goodbye
As much as I do
At the station in the pouring rain,
But something within me
Knows that however much
Undying devotion you declare,
I won't see you again.
So it's my last chance for a dance.

As the evening closes
And our eyes meet and meld
In the mutual appreciation
Of strangers falling in lust,
I hear the cars arrive outside,
The DJ winds the evenings up
And turns the music down,
And tells us what we all know:
It's our last chance for a dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment