Saturday 2 August 2014

1989-04-19: Perhaps I love you

Perhaps I love you.
All I know for certain
Is you fill my every dream
And often in the daytime,
From nowhere, a thought of you
Will make me stop and smile,
With a world of meaning.

So perhaps I love you.
For sure, your very touch
Brings a warmth
That's more than skin deep,
And the sound of your voice
Echoes deep within my soul,
Where sight and sound
Become sweet melody.

And although the way I feel for you
May not be the raging fires of first love,
But is instead the quiet glow of embers,
The warmth is such to thaw the winter into spring.
And though I know the path ahead
Is not an easy one to take,
Still I'll walk that path with you.
So perhaps I love you.

[Note: one thing I can say for sure is I didn't get to walk that path for ever]

No comments:

Post a Comment