Sunday 24 August 2014

2014-Aug: Decades

In my twenties 
I learnt that 
Love could be found
And Love could be lost
And so I turned to Lust
Where losing mattered less.

In my thirties
I learnt that
You could love
More than once
Trouble was so did he
And the other woman made three.

In my forties 
I learnt that
I didn't need
Someone else
But I still didn't learn
To love myself


[So the original idea was to post this directly after the "First Love" item. But then I just couldn't resist posting something else last night. Still, feel free to compare and contrast. Although this isn't the first new thing I've written since starting the 30 day challenge, it is the first to get posted. It's slightly scary as I want to hold it back and check it is really *done*. I don't guarantee this poem will never change - it feels like it needs something more, a final verse].

No comments:

Post a Comment